How to Cook Fettucine Carbonara
250 g fettucine
45 g Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh cream
3 slices bacon, rind removed and finely diced
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook fettucine for 15 minutes, or until al dente, in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling, salted water.
- Just before fettucine is ready, heat oil and fry bacon.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and add cheese.
- Drain pasta and return to the hot saucepan. Add cheese and egg mixture, cream, plenty of black pepper and the crisp bacon. Mix well. Place the saucepan over a low heat for a minute or so, stirring constantly until heated through.
- Place in a hot dish and serve immediately.